Frequently Asked Questions
What are Nail Abnormalities?
Changes in the color, shape, texture or thickness of the finger or toe nails. They can occur for a lot of different reasons like injuries, infections, certain medications and underlying disorders. Some of the types are:
- Beau's lines are horizontal ridges in the nail.
- Nail clubbing - nails that curve down around the fingertips with nailbeds that bulge is associated with oxygen deprivation and lung, heart, or liver disease.
- Habit-tic deformity is a condition similar to Beau's Lines caused by long-term skin picking.
- Koilonychia - spooning, or nails that grow upwards. Associated with iron-deficiency anaemia or vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Pitting of the nails is associated with psoriasis.
What are the Symptoms of Nail Abnormalities?
Discolouration, Curling, Clubbing, Thickening or Thinning, Brittle, Pitted, Bleeding, Inflammation, Pain, Separation of Nails.
Treatment for Nail Abnormalities
Treatment depends on the causes of the Nail abnormalities.
Images & Complete Information about Nail Abnormalities
Content Warning: The information in the below link may be sensitive in nature to some people and may cause emotional or psychological distress. Please use adequate caution before visiting the link. Thank you. Click here for Complete Information.
Find the Contact & Clinic Details below
Asian Plaza, Timmapuri circle, Opposite to Canara Bank (Erstwhile Syndicate Bank), Ground Floor, Below Airtel store, Asian plaza complex, Shambhognlli, Kalaburagi, Karnataka 585102
Mon - Sat: 11am to 9 pm | Sun: Closed