Frequently Asked Questions
What is Skin Pigmentation?
It is the discolouration of the Natural Skin Tone. The types of Skin Pigmentation are:
- Hyper-Pigmentation: Darker patches of skin from excess melanin production. This can be caused by everything from acne scars and sun damage to hormone fluctuations.
- Melasma (Chloasma): A condition in which brown patches appear on the face. can be due to hormonal changes during pregnancy or from sun exposure. Women are much more likely than men to develop this condition. The brown or grey-brown patches of melasma appear most often on the cheeks, forehead, nose and chin.
- Freckles (Ephelides): Clusters of pigment cells in the skin.
What are the Symptoms of Skin Pigmentation?
- Hyper-Pigmentation: Patches of darkened skin & nails.
- Melasma (Chloasma): brown or grey-brown patches on the cheeks, forehead, nose and chin.
- Freckles (Ephelides): Small Brown Spots on your skin.
Treatment for Skin Pigmentation
- Hyper-Pigmentation: Skin-Ligthening Creams & Other Cosmetic Products to Camouflage the spots on your skin.
- Melasma (Chloasma): In women, melasma often fades on its own after pregnancy or after an affected woman stops taking contraceptive pills. Skin lightening creams can help lasting melasma.
- Freckles (Ephelides): Protecting skin from the sun and avoiding prolonged sun exposure may help prevent new freckles from forming.
- Complete Information & Images of Skin Pigmentation
Find the Contact & Clinic Details below
Asian Plaza, Timmapuri circle, Opposite to Canara Bank (Erstwhile Syndicate Bank), Ground Floor, Below Airtel store, Asian plaza complex, Shambhognlli, Kalaburagi, Karnataka 585102
Mon - Sat: 11am to 9 pm | Sun: Closed